How to play IECC matches on Chess.com server
If you are interested in playing matches using the chess.com server,
then all you need to do is the following:
- Create a chess.com user name
- Use the IECC miscellaneous web form to address a message to the Admin
department. In the remarks section, please put "chess.com" on the first line
and your chess.com username on the second line. This information will then be
added to our database.
- Sign-up for a "1-Game" match using the usual form, and indicate in the
comments your preference for online, email or either. The TD will then allocate
your pairing accordingly. (Note: If no preference is indicated, it will be
assumed the game requested is an email game.)
When you are playing an IECC game on the chess.com server, you will need to
abide by the following rules:
- * If you are the White player then it will be your responsibility to set up the
game on the chess.com server to be played with 5 day reflection time.
- * Once the game has been setup the details of the game should be forwarded to
the IECC event tournament directors so that they can confirm that the game is
actually in play. This will be done using the events miscellaneous form just as
players currently do to validate that the game has been started.
- * If a player misses the reflection time then the game will be automatically
awarded by the chess.com server to their opponent. Note that the current IECC
arbiters will not be involved in the resolution of the game and there will not
be a second chance in the game.
- * At the end of the game the game will be rated on the chess.com website (which
is separate to your IECC rating). To ensure that the game is rated on the IECC
website the PGN headers will need to be be added to the game report and the
game result reported back to the IECC event directors using the current game
completion form for the IECC event. Note: your chess.com rating will be
different to your IECC rating.
- * Also since the game is played on the chess.com website all vacations will
need to be made via the chess.com website as well as on the IECC website.
If you have any queries regarding this process, please contact the Directors at